The role of NCBAA in higher education remains of significant importance, as reflected by the following strategic goals:
- To create a collegial environment that enhances the access and success of African American students in community colleges.
- To strengthen relationships with policy development and funding sources to support creative initiatives for African American students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- To expand leadership development and opportunities for African American students, faculty, staff, and administrators in community colleges.
- To promote an organizational culture that strengthens and supports the professional growth of faculty, staff and administrators.
- To enhance the knowledge, talents, abilities, and skills of African American students, faculty, staff, and administrators to function effectively within the world of emerging information technology.
To continue to work for positive change through the following:
- NCBAA’s Strategic Plan
- National and regional conferences
- Workshops on emerging information technology
- Seminars for faculty, staff and administrators
- Mentoring workshops
- Collaboration with other national organizations
- The NCBAA Presidents’ Round Table