NCBAA acknowledges the worth of the individual and affirms its belief in the following widely shared values:
- Lifelong learning and development for all people.
- Collegial sharing of information and ideas.
- Access to higher education for all people; increased access for the underserved.
- Diversity of people, ideas and learning styles.
- Teaching excellence and innovation, through intellectual, social, cultural, and technological enrichment.
- Partnerships with federal, state and local entities that share similar missions, goals and objectives.
- Volunteerism for causes, objectives and purposes supportive of the aims of NCBAA.
- Recognition of excellence.
- Role modeling to enhance student achievement, teaching performance as well as staff and administrative effectiveness.